The web is undergoing a massive re-architecture, driven by the explosion of mobile devices and applications, the requirement to deliver personalized experiences to every customer, and the demands on organizations to embrace digital transformation.
“I believe the combination of Acquia and Drupal 8 delivers the most important advance in the delivery of digital experiences the market will see in the next 10 years,” said Dries Buytaert, Drupal founder and project lead, and Acquia co-founder and CTO. “Drupal 8 breaks the mold for dated content management models and liberates content from the page for the post-browser era. Now we have the power to deliver the right content, to the right audience, at the right time, on the right device.”
Drupal 8 provides more than 200 breakthrough new capabilities, here are a few of our favorites:
- Re-imagined authoring experience. Drupal 8 provides a new content authoring experience, designed to help authors quickly and easily create content.
- Mobile-first. The entire Drupal 8 user interface has been made responsive, allowing content authors to publish content on any device.
- Content as a service. Drupal 8 provides an API approach to content delivery, allowing content to be made available everywhere, including websites, mobile devices, native applications, digital screens, and the Internet of Things.
- Simplified deployment. Drupal 8 incorporates many of the most widely deployed modules from previous versions of Drupal into its core, speeding time to web for site builders.
- Go global. Quickly translate sites into any language. Drupal 8 is multilingual throughout.
- Developer productivity. Drupal 8 provides extensive enhancements for developers, including RESTful APIs, object-oriented development, simplified configuration management, improved unit testing support, and more.
- Improved performance. Drupal 8 includes caching improvements that speed the delivery of personalized, dynamic content.
We know you're ready for the next-generation digital experience platform, and we're ready for you.
Read more about Drupal 8
Acquia Launches Next Generation Digital Experience Platform
Have You Heard the Buzz About Drupal 8