Our clients represent some of the largest and most influential industries in the United States and Balance Interactive is committed to telling the collective story of those industries in both print and digital.
We are seeking a creative director with a keen business sense and the ability to inspire our clients and our internal team to continually raise the bar on innovation, creativity, and imagination for all work produced.
As creative director you will:
- Interact directly with clients to translate business and brand goals to innovative, meaningful and differentiated experiences in digital and print.
- Partner with our project management, strategy and user experience teams to set creative vision for projects based on data from user research, analytics, and client’s strategic path
- Manage a team of designers, copywriters, photographers, video producers/editors and collaborate with web developers to ensure creative output adheres to industry standards, brand standards and delivers business results
- Work with UX team to ensure front-end code is carried out per vision
- Oversee and make improvements to internal processes
- Contribute to the overall branding and marketing efforts of the agency
- Stay current with the latest trends, user research and technology
This position requires a hands-on designer to support design and development production as needed. The ideal candidate will have:
- Previously driven the creative vision at digital/integrated agencies.
- A strong understanding of information architecture, usability and overall user interface issues for large-scale website redesign projects
- An understanding of accessibility standards and best-practices for achieving them through design
- An understanding of how designs evolve into finished digital products, and how they need to adapt to changing client and user needs over time
- An ability to create and articulate subtle design flourishes that are often the difference between a good and a great digital presence
- Experience delivering and managing designs that work on all devices (desktop, mobile and tablet)
- The ability to manage projects, budgets and teams and work with various departments
- Experience delivering compelling, innovative designs that work within clients’ existing brand guidelines
- Establishing, when needed, a new set of brand guidelines for clients, including logo development
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate how visual elements achieve user goals
ABOUT BALANCE INTERACTIVE:
Balance Interactive is a full-service agency specializing in brand strategy & large-scale website design. For 20 years our branding and digital projects we have been distinguished by:
- Our commitment to innovation and in-depth user research. Our design-thinking approach starts with a deep understanding of human behavior. Our synthesized findings produce insights and opportunity for clients.
- Focus on the Long-term Investment. Five years after website redesign 80% of our enterprise-level clients using the Drupal Content Management System have not re-architected or re-platformed their websites.
- Personalization through technical integrations. Deep integration work with most major AMS/CRM systems allows us to surface & personalize content to your customers in ways that are most relevant to them.
HOW TO JOIN OUR TEAM:
We offer an innovative, flexible, supportive and fun work environment. Our team consists of an energetic bunch of personalities with an unyielding passion for ideas, collaboration and creativity. Our clients depend on us to improve their businesses, and we rely on our employees to support them through innovative solutions and great customer service. Want to join us?
1. Send your resume, experience, and what you find appealing about this opportunity to our online application form or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. No inquiries from recruiters or other agents or from companies will be considered.
3. We thank all applicants for applying however only candidates willing to work onsite at our Springfield, VA office will be considered at the moment.